Now, you have bought your Keurig coffee maker but you still don’t know how to use it. What are all those buttons for? Where does the K-cup go? How to set the timer? These are just a few questions you would ask yourself when first using a Keurig machine. So, if you are one of those people who still have no clue how to use your Keurig coffee maker, then don’t worry. If you follow the below-given instructions, you would be able to make your own cup of coffee in no time at all. You can also read reviews here of commercial coffee makers.
- A Keurig machine
- Mug to hold the brewed coffee
- The first step would be to fill your machine’s water reservoir. To do this, you will need to lift the lid off the water reservoir and use filtered or spring water to fill it to the maximum level. Your reservoir might be located either on the left side of your machine or the back side of your machine so you would have to accordingly pull it out. Make sure you don’t overfill the reservoir and adhere to the markings which would be mentioned in it.
- Now, keep your mug or cup in which you want your brewed coffee to pour out, beneath the machine spout. This is the spout which will pour out the brewed coffee into your waiting mug so make sure you place your mug exactly beneath it to avoid any kind of splashes. If you are making a large amount of coffee, you would need to use a bigger coffee pot and place it underneath the spout.
- You need to install your K-cup inside the machine now. Get your preferable K-cup flavor and then open the K-cup holder which is situated in the front-center of your Keurig machine. Place your K-cup inside this holder without opening it because the machine will create holes in it and then let the water flow to brew the coffee. So let it remain packed.
- Now, start your brewing cycle by turning on the coffee maker and you will have to choose the brew size to start the brewing process. You can choose one of the three sizes: Small Cup (5.25 oz.), Small Mug (7.25 oz.) or a Large Mug (9.25 oz.) which basically depends on your coffee mug size. Make sure that you don’t remove your coffee mug from underneath the spout and don’t lift off the lid of the machine. It will take approximately 2-3 minutes to complete the brew.
- Once your complete coffee is poured out into your mug and the machine makes a puff of air to pour out the last remaining drops, remove your mug from underneath the spout. If your coffee overflowed and spilled on the drip plate, then you know to use a smaller brew size next time. If your coffee mug is half empty, then you can select a bigger size next time to fill your coffee mug adequately.