February 13 is Tortellini Day!
February 13 is Tortellini Day. Imagine, a day to celebrate pasta filled with cheese or meat! Sounds good to me! I love these little pasta rings! They taste great in salads and prepared in any recipe that would utilize pasta! Here are a couple recipes that use tortellini and are just delicious! One is a complete meal in a dish and the other is a nice side dish that in fact can be a perfect lunch!
Chicken Cheese Tortellini Cacciatore
- 4 cups cooked cheese tortellini
- 1 1b. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 can diced onion, basil, garlic tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cut up the chicken and saute in the oil in a frying pan.
- Add in the onions, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tortellini, cover, and heat through on low for about 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb. tortellini
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup minced red or sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped or small tomatoes1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup Greek salad dressing.
- 1 cup feta cheese or any cheese cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. Cool.
- Mix all ingredients and serve.
- Makes 4 generous servings.